CNC Tandem Underfloor Wheel Lathe
A combination of two machines working in synchronised tandem mode
|Max. Main Drive Motor Capacity
|4 Motors of 15 KW capacity each
|Cutting Speed while Profiling
|20 to 120 m/min
|Cutting Speed while Brake Disc Machining
|120 m/min (Constant)
|Tool Post Feed for Wheel Profiling
|0.1 to 2.5 mm/rev
|Tool Post Rapid Speed for Both Axes
|Max. Chip Cross Section while Profiling
|Max. Tread Diameter
|Min. Tread Diameter
|75 to 155mm
|Max. Axle Load
|Max. Width of Vehicle (Rolling Stock)
|Min. Width of Vehicle (Rolling Stock)
|Max. Axle Length
|Min. Axle Length
|Max./Min. Dia. for Brake Disc Machining
*Depends on track gauge
|Difference in Dia. of Both Wheels
|Accuracy of Wheel Profile when Compared with Standard Gauge
|Radial Run Out of Wheel
|Axial Run Out of Wheel
|Profile Surface Finish
|Brake Disc Machining (Optional)
|Flatness of Surface
- One of the machine is fixed and other machine is moveable to take care varying wheel base of bogie.
- Common rail system for both the machines. Individual Hydraulic & Pneumatic system for each machine.
- Each machine can work individually enabling profiling of individual wheel set also.
- Rigid basements in cast iron construction for supporting Mobile & Fixed machine.
- Linear motion guideways and pre-loaded ball screw for movement of mobile machine.
- Movement of moving machine by CNC system.
- All four drive rollers of both the machines moves up in synchronized mode with displacement feed back during lifting and centering of wheel set. All four drive rollers of both the machines in de-synchronized follow up mode during wheel profile turning to maintain positive contact with wheels having wear out defects.
- Provision to detect slippage between drive rollers and the wheel set.
- Each machine equipped with two CNC tool carriages for simultaneous measuring and machining of both wheels of wheel set
- Hardened & ground guideways with preloaded ball screws for very high and consistent accuracies.
- Equipped with quick change CAPTO/KM LOCK tooling for wheel profiling & brake disk machining.
- Each CNC Tool Carriage equipped with wheel profile and diameter measuring unit of proven design for Pre & Post measurement.
- Coach and locomotive re-profiling time is reduced by 50% and 33% respectively, resulting in higher availability of coach/locomotive for Revenue Service.
- Isolating a non-usable / sick coach and inserting a new coach is very time consuming and laborious activity. Hence, entire train can be brought on Tandem UFWL as the wheel profiling of coach will be completed within less than 2 hours.
Pl. note that improvements is a continuous process. Hence, details explained above may undergo some changes meeting functional, quality and productivity requirements of the required technical specification.